Saturday, December 20, 2008

Poetry Corner - Mary's Lament

Merry Christmas everyone - and a Happy New Year filled with HOPE for CHANGE.

Mary's Lament

Why have you brought me to this place?
Have I not followed your every step?
Opened every door?
Trusted every vision?
Stepped into the dark at every command?

Why am I found worthy of this task?
Why have you chosen me
To bring light to the dark?
Hope to the hopeless?
Joy to the sorrowful?

Oh Lord, I wait for your guidance.
I wait for the step to be illumined.
The door to open.
The vision to appear.
I wait and step into the dark
Praying for the light to follow.

Christmas 2008
KC McAuley-Watt

3 comments:

Sara Moriarty-delaFuente said...

Beautiful. I am going to print this out. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday in Boston. My fingers are still crossed.

Sara Moriarty-delaFuente said...

I have nominated you for a blogger award. Visit http://livingtheartistsway.blogspot.com to check it out.

I am totally missing you... you know that... right!?!

~Sara

Erika Lee Sears said...

have a safe trip to Boston! :) love the poem