Skip to main content

A survey for big people

Borrowed this from Bridgete's Blog - Living, Learning and Loving the Law. http://bridgetem.blogspot.com/



Here are some questions for the "out of high school" group...

What bill do you hate paying the most?
Rent. I love my place but I do wish I was building some equity with my monthly outpouring of cash.

Where's the best place to eat a romantic dinner?
There are so many great restaurant's in Portland, I have a hard time with this one. But I guess my very favorite is right in my own little apartment, candles and music and great wine. Makes the transition to other activity so much easier...

Last time you puked from drinking?
I was 20 and leaving a man I was very much in love with to go to college. I still think of him holding my hair back while I puked in his bathroom - how lovingly he took care of me that night and didn't take me home until I was relatively sober so as not to create havoc with my mother. I miss you, David. Thanks.

When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
Never, but I got pretty stewed at bowling a couple of weeks ago. If my boss hadn't been there, who knows?

Name of your first grade teacher?
My god, I'm ancient! I can barely remember my high school teacher's names.

What do you really want to be doing right now?
I can't post that on the web!

What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A Broadway Baby! World class actress, singer, dancer.

How many colleges did you attend?
4. Three undergrad - one for my freshman year, one community college, and then my alum - PSU. Grad school was UofPortland

Why did you wear the shirt that you have on right now?
It's warm, it's a good color with my hair, and it looks good on me. Nice rack, kat.

GAS PRICES First thought?
I'm so grateful I have options for commuting. I can make a tank of gas last for 5-6 week. But now that I'm trying to book airline tickets for my annual Oscar trip to California - I hate them!!

If you could visit anywhere and take someone with you...
Bridgete said "Paris, with my mom." I want to see so much of Europe - Paris, London, Ireland, Tuscany...and I would definitely take Bridgete with me - or my sister. They are the only two people I know I could easily travel with anywhere for any length of time.

First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Monday Again!! Then I realized it was really Friday after Thanksgiving.

Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I can't print it...

Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
I've always been a boxer gal. But once it comes off, who cares??

What errand/chore do you despise?
cleaning the bathroom. it's a good thing mine is so small.

If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer at an art gallery?
Yes.

What is your favorite cartoon character?
Winnie-the-Pooh. Of course I don't actually consider him a cartoon, but a work of literature. So my second favorite would have to be Norbert Beaver. "Daggie-poo. Dagg-a-lagg-a-lindo"

Are you planning on remaining in your current field?
At this point in my life, there aren't many things that would make me change.

Do you see yourself married in the next five years?
No. Thank you, but see my other posts related to dating and sex and love and life. There isn't much point for me.

Your favorite lunch meat?
meatloaf...mmmm

What do you get every time you go into a WalMart?
I am actively boycotting Wal-Mart.

Beach or lake?
Beach!

Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No.

TV show you miss?
Deadwood! Damn you HBO for not doing the final season! The story isn't done! The fire hasn't happened! Okay...done with my vent.

Favorite guilty pleasure?
bananas dipped in hershey's syrup. hell anything dipped in hershey's syrup.

Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
There aren't many movies I don't talk about - but I'm a sucker for a good love story and I still weep at The Way We Were. Every single time...Hubble don't get in the cab!

What's your drink?
Single Malt Scotch

Cowboys or Indians?
I was the school marm taken prisoner by the Indians and waiting to be rescued by the Cowboys.

Cops or Robbers?
Always a cop. Always wanted to be a robber. Love those death scenes.

Do you cheer for the bad guy in a movie?
Sometimes.

What Hollywood star do you think resembles you best?
Can't think of one. Wish I had Kate Hepburn's hair, cheekbones, spirit, balls...

If you had to pick one, which cast member of Lost would you be?
Whoever died in the first episode.

What do you want when you are sick?
Blankets,tea, toast, and a movie.

Who from high school would you like to run into?
I recently ran into him - Bob Rothery. Great guy, still.

What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
NPR - no question.

Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
It was trusting someone who didn't deserve that trust. I've done it with more than one person. And I'm always the one who pays. I don't want to talk about it.

Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
I sit between two of the greatest people I know. I'm proud to call them friend.

If you could get away with it, whom would you kill?
I don't like to waste my energy thinking like this. maybe W?

What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Jon Stewart. I love that man.

What famous person would you like to sleep with?
Oh my - there are so many...Mr. Stewart is one of them. Alan Rickman. Sting. would like to know if that tantric stuff really works...

Have you ever had to use a firearm?
No. Never will either.

Last book you read?
Mistress of the Art of Death

DO YOU HAVE A TEDDY BEAR?
Several Winnie-the-Pooh, including my very first one who is over 40 years old.

Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
I think it was in O'Hare airport after an international flight and getting through customs - then waiting for my flight home. Or maybe it was in Rome....

Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
San Francisco. I know - I can't believe it either.

Number of texts in a day?
Zero. I get them very rarely.

If you had to choose- would you start a new career or relationship?
Either one would be tough at this stage in life. But I guess I'd rather tackle a new career than a new relationship. I don't seem to be very good at that.

Favorite Winter Olympic Sport?
The luge.... I just like saying...The Luge.

Pencil or pen?
I adore a good pen. I have several that I love to hold and write with. My handwriting has suffered since computers became my main mode of communication, but I still love the feel of a pen in my hand.

Ancient Egyptians or Mayans?
Egyptians.

How many jobs have you had?
8 - not bad for my age.

Are you where you thought you would be at this age?
No. But then who is. Would I change anything? nothing of significance. Or I would be changed. And I like me.

Comments

Bridgete said…
I forgot about Norbert! Although I might prefer Daggett... "What in Davy Crockett's sweat-stained buckskins is going on?"

Popular posts from this blog

If you find yourself in the dark, all you can do is sit until your eyes adjust to the blackness.  I don't know who said that, but I sure do feel that way these days. Here's a little bit about me.  I was the seventh child born to my mother and father - and the last.  I was 7 years younger than the youngest and 19 years younger than the eldest.  My mother, who grew up in a family of actors, had started a little theatre group in our home town and after being away from it for so many years, she wasn't about to give it up again.  So I grew up in the theatre.  Played in make-up rooms and costume shops.  Learned how to read by helping actors study lines.  Learned how to build and paint by helping my dad build sets.  And I loved all of it. I loved the stories and the people and the way everyone came together to express ideas.  I still love it.  It's why I studied theatre in college and why I pursued an MFA.  Nothing gives me as much pleasure as taking words from a page and

THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING HUMAN

I couldn't sleep last night.  Not an unusual thing these days.  There's a lot on my mind.  But last night I was thinking about social media and how it has changed our world. How it changed my world. About 25 years ago, I was working on my thesis in grad school.  We had a Mac in our home which was not uncommon, but certainly not as common as it is today.  I was introduced to the academic world via Bulletin Boards, User Groups, and the ever popular ListServ.  For those of you too young to know, these were email lists you subscribed to and every day you would get individual emails from people on the list discussing whatever it was you wanted to discuss.  There were listservs for science and research, literature, children, whatever you loved so much you wanted to talk about it with complete strangers.  My choice was movies. I love movies.  I've loved them my whole life.  I would sneak out of my bed and watch the late show on weekends.  I went to the matinee every Saturday. 

It just sucks...

You want to know what the worst part about moderate to severe depression? (using the clinical diagnosis here) It's knowing when those waves hit you that there is something or someone out there that you let get to you. In my case, it's usually a combination of things. I've got multiple projects coming to deadline at work - stress. I'm not sleeping very well because of allergies. I'm not eating like I should be. I'm getting my exercise - walking, yoga - which is a positive because that's usually the first thing to go. And so I'm vulnerable to those triggers and I know it. I avoid mr. ring on his finger 'cause that will just send me over the edge. But I can't keep him from coming onto my floor and sitting down at the cubicle next to me and talking to someone else. So I put on the headphones and hit play on Itunes and what do I get....love songs. Crap. And even he wouldn't get to me if the really big trigger hadn't been flipped jus